Tasty burger, either serve on a bun of your choice or as patties with mashed potatoes and the juices as a sauce.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, bread crumbs, garlic, 2 tablespoons water, herb seasoning and half each of the salt and cayenne pepper; add beef and mix well.
- Form into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- In ovenproof frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; fry patties until bottoms are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Turn; cook for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together tomatoes, green pepper, onion, parsley and remaining salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon onto patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese begins to brown and pattties are no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.