Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups flour, more if necessary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine water, milk, eggs, yeast, sugar and olive oil in large bowl.
- Mix well and add half of the flour and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Knead in remaining flour and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Knead until dough forms a ball.
- Place in greased bowl and turn to grease top.
- Cover and let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour until doubled.
- Punch down, turn and let stand again 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Cut into heart or other desired shapes using cookie cutter.
- Place rolls on generously greased baking sheet.
- Combine garlic, vegetable oil and salt and brush over rolls.
- Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden.