Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 slices good quality Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, peeled,deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spanish red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, blanched and refreshed
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Heat a char grill.
- Brush bread with oil and grill on both sides until browned.
- Rub bread with the cut side of the garlic.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, basil and olive oil.
- Top 6 slices of the bread with the mixture.
- Slice each asparagus spear into thirds.
- Top remaining bread with the asparagus and top with parmesan shavings.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and season with cracked pepper.