Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great with any italian meal
- 1 large baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 1 head garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Spread (use 1 head roasted garlic)
- 1 (300 ml) can sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped medium dice
- 4 yellow tomatoes, chopped medium dice
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat barbecue to 300°F/150°C or medium low heat.
- Cut the top off a whole head of garlic, just enough to expose the cloves.
- Pierce the garlic top with a fork multiple times.
- Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and top with thyme sprigs and wrap tightly.
- Place garlic on the warming rack of the barbeque and close lid.
- Roast until tender and fragrant, (approximately 30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool.
- In a blender combine the whole head of the peeled roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olive oil. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly on both sides of the sliced baguette.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the red and yellow tomatoes, red onion and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the tomato mixture in the refrigerator and let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbeque to 300°F/150°C or medium low heat.
- Place the coated baguette on the warming rack of the barbecue and cook until warm and crispy.
- Once the bread is toasted and cheese is melted remove from the grill.
- Top bread with the fresh tomato topping.
- Use a serrated knife to slice bread into desired pieces.