Recipe by newfie wanna be
This recipe is something that my neighbour came up with. She made it for dinner to go with steak and salad. Now I only use this recipe to make Bruschetta.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This would be a really great bruschetta (LOVE the addition of feta cheese!) without the sugar. It was just way sweet and I really didn't feel it added to the toppings. I used cherry tomatoes as they are more flavourful this time of year, imo.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, vineagar
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or artificial sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut on angle 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes, onion, garlic, sugar, oregano and salt/pepper into medium sized glass bowl.
- Mix well, cover and put in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Add oil and vineagar to mixture.
- Mix well, cover and put back in fridge till bread is ready.
- Put bread slices on grill or into oven to toast both sides.
- Arrange toast on serving tray and spoon mixture onto each piece.
- Top with feta.