Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My boyfriend's mom makes this and every time I fill up on them. They were so delicious I almost didn't have room for the prime rib she was making for dinner!
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 loaf of fresh Italian bread
- mozzarella cheese, balls in water (we get them from Gaint in the specialty foods area)
- 5 -6 leaves fresh basil
- Slice tomatoes.
- Put tomatoes, mozzarella balls (with water), garlic cloves and basil in a container and set in fridge for no less than two hours.
- Slice bread and spread olive oil.
- Top with slices of tomato and mozzarella.
Nice blend of garlic and herbs. I broiled the bread topped with the tomato mixture.