Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Ah,the bounty of summer!!I customized the recipe to my own taste(isn't that almost always the case?)
- 7 roma tomatoes, cut finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow pepper, cut finely
- 1 cup red pepper, cut finely
- 1 cup red onion, cut finely
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (i never really measure)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, i never really measure
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 -2 French baguette
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add oil and vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Set aside in the fridge covered.
- Slice the bagettes and place on cookie sheet slightly toast in oven.
- When done immedately rub with garlic.
- Top each bagette with tomato mixture and serve!
So very yummy. I could not stop eating this! I left out the bell peppers because I was out, but I'll definitely have to try that next time around. Thanks!
Delicious!! I did do them a little different - first I added the garlic to becel marg and spread it on the baguette, then toasted it, removed it from the overn and placed a piece of havariti light cheese on each piece and piled the bruschetta on top, put it back in the oven for a minute under the broiler 'til the cheese melted. I had to use green onion and green pepper with the red pepper. I'm sure it was the balsamic vinegar that really made the wonderful flavour!! It turned out soooo delicious, I will be making it again, thanks for posting. Made for DH's birthday dinner and for the photo forum appetizer event.