Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
Very simple appetizer or great served with soup.
Top Review by McMoose 123
I love the taste of balsamic vinegar in Bruschetta! In fact I added a little more balsamic, some garlic powder and a bit more salt and it was a big hit with the girls at game night. It was pretty liquid-y so after it sat in the fridge for a couple of hours I drained the liquid and let people put it on the toast themselves so it didn't get soggy. I'm making it again today for a family get together. Thanks for my new favorite Bruschetta recipe!
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread, day old
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt set aside.
- Toast the bread on one side.
- Rub the toasted side with the peeled clove of garlic.
- Top the same side with tomato mixture and garnish with the extra chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.