Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from an old coworker - it always went quick at office potlucks! I prefer to use Newman's salad dressing for this and sometimes I don't even bother to toast the bread, it's still great!
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 12 ounces French bread
- Mix all ingredients except bread and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Slice bread and toast. Serve with tomato mixture atop bread.
Very easy to make and everyone loved it! I used 2tsp dried parsley instead of 4 tsp fresh. I also used "vivenne" brand of Italian Dressing. It already has ramono cheese in it. I can only imagine how great it would be with the fresh ingredients. I will definetly do this again! Thanks