Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple version but soooo tasty!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh diced tomato (I like Roma)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped fine)
- 1 loaf fresh Italian bread (sliced in half lengthways)
- Place diced tomatoes in a bowl with oil, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Slice bread and toast until browned.
- Cut bread into slices and top with tomato mixture.
this was great!
This is delicious. I made several slices as directed for the diet conscious among us. For the rest I added a pinch of Italian seasoning and topped with a dusting of grated parmesan. Both were a hit. This is so easy and fast. Thanks for a great recipe!