Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite whenever we have company. Always a hit!
- 8 slices baguette, each about an inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup oil (extra virgin olive oil preferred)
- 5 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Grill or toast bread on both sides.
- Sauté garlic in oil over a medium heat for a couple minutes, taking care not to let the garlic brown.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with the garlic oil.
- Place a layer of tomatoes over the oil on the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and then basil.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes, and then place under broiler for another 1-2 minutes.
This recipe was excellent. The thing i changed was i fried the bread in the skillet with the garlic oil and i grilled some chicken and cubed it to add on the bruschetta.
Glorious. The only thing I changed was to toss the basil with the tomato so the flavor was evenly distributed. A little dip in balsamic vinegar and I had a winner!
We loved this. I had to use sliced french rolls, because I didn't have a baguette. It turned out wonderful. The bread got nice and crispy. I will definitely be making this again. :)