Prep 2 hrs 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect easy to serve appetisers!
- 2 very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 bunch basil, cut finely
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- peeled garlic
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and basil, taste and add salt and pepper- cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Take baguette slices, place on cookie sheet and broil until lightly brown.
- Turn and allow other side to brown.
- While still warm, rub garlic clove on surface of toast.
- Spoon tomato mixture on toast.
Excellent Next time will have to make a double batch
You can't go wrong with this recipe. I did go a bit further I put the mix on the toasted slices of baguette added a half teasoon of parmesan to each and broiled them for 12 minutes MMMmm lovely thans msintrepid
Wonderful. Served as appetiser for husband's b'day. Everyone enjoyed it a lot. I had added little olive oil to tomato mixure , as well as rubbed the bread with olive too. I also added little bit of italian cheese to the mix.