- 2 very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 bunch basil, cut finely
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- peeled garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and basil, taste and add salt and pepper- cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Take baguette slices, place on cookie sheet and broil until lightly brown.
- Turn and allow other side to brown.
- While still warm, rub garlic clove on surface of toast.
- Spoon tomato mixture on toast.