Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This appitizer can be prepared ahead of time and put together in minutes. It is a favorite baby or wedding shower, Tupperware Party and movie snack. A real crowd pleaser, double this recipe...it goes fast.
- 1⁄2 loaf baguette
- 5 fresh firm roma tomatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Miracle Whip makes this recipe tangy)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil or 4 -5 fresh minced basil leaves
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, and basil in a bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Warm oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil to reduce clean up time.
- Cut loaf into 1/2" slices, place on the cookie sheet about 1/4" apart.
- Stir mayonnaise into tomato mixture.
- Add cheese and combine well.
- Top bread slices by tablespoons with mixture.
- Place in HOT oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
This recipe was good, but I felt it was lacking a little flavor for my tastes. I'm not sure exactly what though. I will have to play around with it and find what it needs to suit my tastes. Thanks for posting it!!