- 1 baguette
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3 medium tomatoes, nice and ripe and red, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fat, free balsamic vinegarette
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, balsamic vinegartte in a bowl and whisk, then add tomatoes. Let sit at room temp for at least thirty minutes.
- Mean while, preheat the oven to 450F.
- Slice the bread into 12 slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray tops lightly with the olive oil cooking spray
- On a cookie sheet bake in the oven 5-10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- While the bread toasts, tear the basil into small pieces.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove from the oven and divide the tomato mixture evenly among the bread slices.
- Top with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with basil.
- Top with cheese.
- Put back in the oven on broil for 30 seconds to a minute to lightly toast/melt the cheese.