3 hrs 20 mins
A favorite stew recipe in my house as well as that of our frequent dinner guests. Meal in one with bread and butter. Prep time does not include pulling the chicken and pork which can be done a day or so in advance of making the stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 lbs cooked pork
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen butter beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1I boil 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (with bone) and purchase 1 1/4 pounds of smoked pulled pork from our local barbeque joint.
- 2If you are unable to get smoked pulled pork and still want the smoked flavor use liquid smoke.
- 3In a 6 quart dutch oven, stir together onion, chicken broth, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- 4Add thawed corn and butter beans; stir.
- 5Add tomatoes; stir.
- 6Lastly, stir in pulled chicken and pork.
- 7Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brunswick Stew ( Chicken & Pork )
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.7 mg
- Sodium 2732.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 69.1 g