Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adding the taste of Italian ingredients makes a good hot dog great. Don't even think about adding mustard or ketchup.
- Add olive oil to skillet or saucepan and heat to medium-high temperature.
- Add the sliced onion.
- Stir the onion slices and add salt and brown sugar.
- Stir frequently and cook until onion is soft and caramel colored (about 25 min).
- Wrap each hot dog with 2 prosciutto slices.
- Grill hot dogs until prosciutto is crisp (about 7-10 min).
- Place hot dog in lightly toasted roll.
- Top with provolone cheese and caramelized onions.
- Add roasted red peppers and sprinkle red pepper flakes.
- Finish with tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.