Recipe by Tea Jenny
These are nice little fish cakes. The green cardamon gives them a freshness and the chilli and ginger gives a bit of heat. Posted for ZWT#6
- 2 (170 g) flaked light tuna
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaf (optional)
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot (crushed)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt, Pepper and Cardamom powder (optional)
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled skinned and cut into pieces
- two egg (beaten)
- toasted breadcrumbs (grounded)
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- - Drain the two cans of tuna.
- - Heat the oil in a skillet (frying pan).
- - Add crushed ginger and garlic, stir, add onions, green chili, curry leaves and cinnamon.
- - Cook until the onions are tender light brown.
- - Add drained tuna, stir all together.
- - Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- - Add the drained tuna liquid.
- - Stir and allow to cook until the liquid is dry.
- - Add salt, pepper and cardamom powder.
- - Stir until well mixed.
- - Turn off heat.
- - Add potatoes and mix well.
- - Separate the mix and shape in to small (2 inch diameter) balls or thick discs.
- - Coat the balls with beaten egg and then with the toasted bread crumbs.
- - Deep fry in hot oil until light brown.
- - Cutlets (made in to thick disc shapes) are great with rice & curry.