Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm posting this recipe for the World Tour 2005. I have never tried this recipe, but I have never come across, something similar and I surely will try it sometime. It is a swedish potato recipe.
- Melt the sugar in a large frying pan over low heat.
- Leave to simmer for a few minutes until it turns goldenbrown.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Add potatoes, not to much at a time, you still have to be able to move them.
- Keep stirring until the potatoes are evenly coated with the caramel.
- Put them in a preheated serving dish and proceed until all potatoes are done.
These look great. I am on a tight budget and have limited food in the cupboards so I entered what I have into google and these came up. I willl be doing them as soon as I get home and will try adding carots too for a tasty snack to go with the movies I'm watching later. Thank you!
DH really enjoyed these but I didn't care for them as much - a little too sweet for my taste. I think I'd like this method with carrots or sweet potatoes though. Thanks for posting! Made for Food.Commamdos ~ ZWT 7
Different but quick and easy. I thought the kids would like it more than they did. I will try it again at a later date with cinnamon added to it. Made for ZWT 7.