Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy brunch recipe that can be adapted for any type of meat or vegetables. This is a good way of using leftovers. (A recipe I tweaked from an old Taste of Home Recipe)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, including green tops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches or deep dish)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash ground pepper or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in oil until tender, adding green onions just before completed to soften.
- Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese.
- Combine eggs, pepper or hot sauce and cream; pour over ham and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excess browning.).