Recipe by ~Paula~
This is a take on a recipe my husband and I enjoyed as a breakfast item while staying at an inn for our anniversary. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by Simply Chris
Very good, easy to prepare, great for breakfast or lunch or a light dinner. I think that it needs a bit of salt and pepper added to the egg mixture though. After eating two rather large pieces of this my DH said, "That was good, honey." DD liked it also, although at first she thought having broccoli in the morning was wierd. Definitely will add this to the "keeper" list of recipes and having again.
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded (I use Sargento Brand)
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup ham, diced (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9" glass pie plate.
- Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Cut up the broccoli, slice the mushrooms, dice the red bell pepper, and mince the green onions.
- Lightly saute the broccoli, red pepper, and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil.
- Layer all of the vegetables over the cheese in the pie plate.
- At this point, if you are adding the ham, sprinkle it over the vegetables.
- Blend together the Bisquick, eggs, salt & pepper, and milk for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Make sure that Bisquick is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The top of the pie should be golden brown when done.