Adapted from a recipe a friend posted on Facebook... a nice breakfast (or lunch, or dinner), and it's even paleo friendly!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise.
- Place the acorn face down over a cookie sheet or baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender. Remove from oven and cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the butter or oil and sauté the onions, garlic, sage and sausage until the sausage in fully cooked.
- Scoop most of the meat from the squash out being careful not to break the skin or leave the acorn “shell” too thin.
- In a large bowl mix the squash, and sausage.
- Scoop sausage mixture back into the acorn.
- With the back of a spoon, push down in the middle of the squash to create room for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs open and pour one egg in the center of each squash.
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes or until egg reaches your desired doneness.