Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Plan to chill this overnight.
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefresh breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- Place bread in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour evenly over bread and cheese.
- Sprinkle with sausage.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 325* for 55-60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.