1/2 Photos of Brunch Quiche of Spinach and Gouda
Wonderful combinations of flavors!! Gouda, spinach, shallots!!! This quiche is perfect for brunch!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450º.
- 2Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with the pie crust (deep dish pan is best). Trim and crimp edges.
- 3Line pie crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Weight down with dry beans or pie weights, if desired. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove foil and weights and bake 5 minutes longer. Set aside and reduce oven to 350°.
- 5In a medium skillet, saute the shallots in butter until soft.
- 6Chop or tear the spinach and add to shallots. Stir and then remove from the heat.
- 7Sprinkle gouda and bacon into crust, then add the spinach mixture.
- 8In a bowl, beat eggs and then add the milk, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 9Pour over spinach in pie crust.
- 10Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 11Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brunch Quiche of Spinach and Gouda
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 708.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g