Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Company for Sunday breakfast or brunch? This is the dish for you. A wonderful company dish with several variations.
- 12 puff pastry shells
- 6 ounces bulk sausage, cooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese or 6 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 green onions, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Bake patty shells according to package directions. Carefully remove pastry caps and set aside. Remove doughy centers and discard. Place shells on a baking sheet.
- Combine ham, sour cream, cheese, egg, wine, green onions, garlic powder and dried basil. Pack shells with filling. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish. Top with pastry cap if desired.
- This recipe yields 12 puffs.
- Do Ahead Tip: Bake patty shells and prepare filling a day ahead. Fill shells and bake just before serving.
- Variations: o Use Italian sausage or hot sausage. o Substitute 1/2 cup chopped ham for sausage. o Substitute 1/2 pound bacon cooked, drained and crumbled, for sausage. o Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. o Add 1 teaspoon prepared French mustard.