Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Have a nice brunch for two.
- 6 small new potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces diced smoked salmon
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover 20 minutes or until partially tender.
- Drain well and slice 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat butter and oil in 8 or 9-inch skillet.
- Add potato slices and brown over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, dill weed and salt and pepper to taste together.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat at 5 minutes or until set.
- Occasionally lift up edges of egg to let uncooked egg run under.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread with creme fraiche or sour cream and top with smoked salmon.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
I loved this simple family breakfast or brunch meal! We used both smoked salmon and crumbled bacon for the top (1/2 salmon, 1/2 bacon) and the kids loved it. Thanks!