Recipe by missy71975
My family loves this recipe. I make it for supper then we have it for breakfast the next day.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
I accidentally skipped step #2-- my crying baby distracted me-- and didn't realize it until the casserole was done and the eggs were runny. I put the pans back into the oven for another ten minutes or so, until a knife inserted in the middle came out clean. I divided this between two 9x9 pans- one to eat tonight & one to deliver to someone else. I added mushrooms, peppers, ham, onions, and garlic pepper. Next time I'll pay attention to the directions, but, even with my mistake this was still good! :)
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and broken apart
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- sliced mushrooms
- chopped ham
- sausage, cooked and crumbled
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine potatoes and 2 eggs in batter bowl. Mix throughly.
- Spread in a 9*13 baking pan.Pat down with spoon or hand to make crust. season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk for egg toppingin bowl. Place in microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes. Remove, stir and cook another 3 minutes. take out and stir.
- Spread eggs evenly over potatoe crust. Layer optional ingredients.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.