Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These can easily be dessert for your next brunch. You may make more or fewer pancakes than indicated depending on thickness of batter.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 egg whites
- berry syrup or maple syrup
- fresh raspberries (optional) or blueberries (optional) or sliced strawberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together egg yolks and 1 cup buttermilk.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and add to egg mixture.
- Mix to combine. Stir in the 1/2 cup buttermilk and the melted butter.
- In a mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into flour mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg whites ~ DO NOT OVERMIX.
- For each pancake, spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet (I use my electric fry pan).
- If batter is too thick to spread slightly when poured on griddle, add 2 to 4 tablespoons additional milk (1 tablespon at a time).
- Cook until golden brown, turn and cook other side when pancakes are bubbly and dry around the edges.
- Before serving, warm syrup in a pan or in the microwave and serve with syrup, butter, and fresh berries over the top of the pancakes.