1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
FANTASTIC brunch dish I found on the Internet. Everyone loves it and ALWAYS wants the recipe! Most of it is prepared the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 110 g Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, broken into small pieces
- 45 g butter, melted
- 455 g shredded monterey jack cheese
- 355 ml whole milk
- 10 eggs
- 80 ml white wine
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 230 g sour cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 1Place sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly until evenly browned. Drain grease, and set aside.
- 2Spread bread pieces in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3Drizzle melted butter over the bread pieces, then sprinkle in the cooked sausage. Cover with shredded cheese.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, white wine, Dijon mustard, and green onions.
- 5Season with salt, black and red pepper.
- 6Pour the egg mixture over everything in the baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Remove the dish from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- 8Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 9Cover the dish, and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 10Then uncover, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 11Remove from the oven, and spread sour cream over the top.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is starting to brown slightly.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brunch on the Bayou
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.4
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.1 mg
- Sodium 1157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 34.3 g