Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low carb recipe; low-fat cheeses and Egg Beaters can be substituted for reduction in cholesterol and calories/fat. This recipe came from a Low Carb Cookbook
- 8 eggs
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 354.88 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square or round baking pan.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl at high speed with an electric mixer 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened and lemon colored.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into eggs until blended.
- Combine Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper and hot sauce in medium bowl; mix well.
- Fold into egg mixture until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and firm in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Serve with salsa.
Great brunch - I added some left over tomato & cilantro. Didn't have a fresh Jalapeno so I used some canned hot peppers. Because I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs I did them stove top. That bit of Baking powder really makes them lighter. Used Lite 4 cheese mix. Loved my Sunday Brunch