Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe for a crowd for a brunch get together, I serve this with toast and jam, or with some kind of sweet pastries.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cooked ham or 1 lb fat free sausage, drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 6 eggs
- spread hashbrowns in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Pat sausage over hashbrowns.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix eggs, milks salt& pepper and pour ingredients over ones that are in pan.
- Bake@ 350 for 1 hour.
- Check with a toothpick.
I used Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon, 3/4 grams fat per slice instead of sausage. VERY bacony taste. Spread a layer of Pace Picante salsa on top. It's even better the next day for breakfast. Oh, I forgot, add a couple pinches of dried chili flakes.
Guests raved when I served this for New Year's brunch. I browned the sausage and mushrooms before adding to casserole and used plain hash browns (m-in-law hates onions).
My kids really liked this, they came back for more. Easy to make. Thank-you.