Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins
- Fry bacon; drain off fat, except for 1 tablespoon.
- Saute onion.
- Stir in soup, milk and mustard.
- Heat until warm.
- Stir in cheese until it melts.
- Pour sauce into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Break eggs on top of sauce. Crumble and sprinkle on bacon.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 or until eggs are set. Spoon 1 egg and sauce on a toasted muffin half.
I'm always on the lookout for brunch recipes and this one has become a family favorite! Delicious and easy to make. I increase the muffins to four and the eggs to eight for our family of four. There's plenty of sauce to accommodate this without further changes.
Excellent recipe.I cut the reipe back to do 2 eggs. Notice that the recipe does not have salt as an ingredient - you don't need it the chicken soup is quite salty and for my taste just right.. I did it as a "do ahead" recipe. Made the sauce covered it with foil and set it aside until 25 minutes before brunch, then placed it covered in the 350F oven for ten minutes, it will be all bubbly, brought it out uncovered it, added the eggs, popped it back in the oven - uncovered baked for a further 12 minutes and the eggs were perfect. If you like your centers soft (I do) you have to watch the last few minutes so have everything else ready and hot. Thanks Dancer for a winner
This is a keeper! We loved it. Had for dinner last night. I used a 28oz can of soup and doubled the rest of the sauce ingredients. I used 9 large eggs for the 9x13 pan and cooked it about 25 minutes. Yummy! Thank you.