Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Don't wait for a weekend brunch to have these, they make a wonderful light dinner also! Italian sausage or the small pork breakfast sausages can be used for this recipe, just remember to remove the casings before cooking them meat. Keep your cream cheese cold so that it can be cut into small cubes. The exact amounts don't really matter for this recipe, you can adjust to taste. This is REALLY GOOD!!!!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is just excellent with so much flavor even with some of my changes to make this with a little less calories. First the changes, I used 2% milk instead of the shipping cream, left out the butter and used just a little of the grease from the sausage, left out the cream cheese and didn't use the sour cream as we prefer the salsa. Even with those changes the end result was just excellent and one that is fairly easy to make. Would be great when you have your kids visit to give them something just a little different. I used 3 eggs for the two tacos and adjusted the remaining ingredients for 2. I also heated the tortillas in a pan while cooking the egg mixture so they were ready to serve. I only had the 6 in flour tortillas so had to trim around the edges to fit the smaller tortilla. Very very filling. Thank Kit. Made for My 3 Chefs. 2013
- 10 large eggs
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped, or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (or use 1/4 cup 18% table cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more or less)
- 1 lb pork sausage (casings removed, can use more or less)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sour cream (any amount desired)
- prepared salsa (any amount desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage meat with green onions in a skillet until browned; drain fat and transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- In a bowl mix/whisk together the eggs with jalapeno pepper, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat; add in the egg mixture; cook without stirring until the eggs begin to set on the bottom.
- When the eggs start to set sprinkle the cream cheese cubes over the egg mixture.
- Place a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to lift the eggs so that the uncooked will flow underneath; cook until eggs are set but not overcooked.
- Divide and sprinkle about HALF of the shredded cheddar cheese onto each tortilla.
- Divide and top with the egg mixture, then cooked sausage meat.
- Then sprinkle with the remaining half of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Fold tortillas over the filling.
- If desired you can place the tortillas on a baking sheet, cover loosley with foil, then warm slightly in oven.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.