Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Weekend magazine. Preparation time includes overnight refrigeration time. It is best to make this easy casserole the night before you need it.
Top Review by LadyNomad
Delicious and pretty too! It was a hit at our breakfast-for-dinner party. I used half regular English muffins and half sourdough English muffins- you couldn't really tell a difference. I used Swiss cheese, green onions, and regular old ground yellow mustard. I would definitely make this again.
- 4 English muffins, split and quartered
- 6 slices cheese, your choice
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder, such as coleman
- 1 -2 onions, chopped or 3 spring onions
- 200 g baby asparagus
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13 X 9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Place muffins, cut side up, in the pan.
- Top with cheese.
- Layer smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle onions on top.
- Now,layer baby asparagus on top of this.
- Keep aside.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, in a bowl.
- Add dry mustard and milk.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the entire casserole.
- Sprinkle paprika over this.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- Happy New Year!