Recipe by Honeybeee
This was emailed to me. Very filling and very satisfying. Give it a try and serve it with scones...you'll have your family asking you for seconds!
Top Review by lhanna4034
Love, Love , Love this recipe. I have made it every Xmas since I found it 3 years ago! Lost the recipe, and I am sooo, glad I found it. I recognized the "serve with scones" from the original time I found it, (because I wouldn't serve with scones). I get rave reviews everytime I make it and going to a pot luck brunch tomorrow, can not wait for new friends to taste it!!! SO Yummy!! and so easy.
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb small curd cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Stir together shredded potatoes and butter.
- Line bottom and sides of a medium glass baking dish with potato mixture.
- Combine sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, pepper, cottage cheese and eggs; pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.