Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was emailed to me. Very filling and very satisfying. Give it a try and serve it with scones...you'll have your family asking you for seconds!
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb small curd cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Stir together shredded potatoes and butter.
- Line bottom and sides of a medium glass baking dish with potato mixture.
- Combine sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, pepper, cottage cheese and eggs; pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Love, Love , Love this recipe. I have made it every Xmas since I found it 3 years ago! Lost the recipe, and I am sooo, glad I found it. I recognized the "serve with scones" from the original time I found it, (because I wouldn't serve with scones). I get rave reviews everytime I make it and going to a pot luck brunch tomorrow, can not wait for new friends to taste it!!! SO Yummy!! and so easy.
Absolutely loved this dish. Loved the shredded potato crust, it went very well with all the other flavours. I cut the cheese abit & added jalapeno pepper also along with 1/4 tsp of salt-free essence spice. Took leftovers to work & several wanted me to share cause it smelled so good. Thanks for sharing.
this is the 2nd time I made this recipe with great rave reviews from the eaters! I followed the recipe exactly as written, though I would bet you could substitute or add other veggies (mushrooms, chili peppers, olives, etc.) Today I made this for my Mom's group -- 8 picky women and they all raved about it! Easy, fun, and delicious. Thanks!