Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for having a few friends over after church.
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix croutons and cheese; put into greased 2 qt casserole.
- Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper well.
- Pour over croutons.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered at 325* for 45 minutes, or until set.
This was very unusual in texture and taste. We really liked it and I was impressed by being able to us the bacon instead of the sausage usually called for. Great job!