Recipe by newmama
I made this for Mother's Day brunch this year. It was easy and can be made ahead, which is perfect for entertaining! If you're vegetarian (or want to mix it up!) add mushrooms and spinach instead of meat, it is wonderful either way. prep time does not include chilling, which is 3 hours or overnight.
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 1 lb sausage (can you use cubed ham or bacon or a combo)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- place all of the bread in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, drain well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over the bread, then sprinkle sausage over it.
- Mix eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour it over evenly over the bread/sausage.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let it sit 5 minutes before cutting.