Recipe by Olha
Assemble this casserole the night before baking and refrigerate. Layer of bread cubes, topped with cheddar cheese, eggs, milk, spices,bacon, mushrooms and tomato.
- 4 cups white bread or 4 cups French bread, firm day old, and cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 8 -10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread cubes in dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat together next 5 ingredients with pepper to taste and pour evenly over cheese and bread.
- Sprinkle with bacon, mushrooms and tomato.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Bake casserole uncovered until set, about 1 hour (tent with foil if top begins to over brown.)
- To Busy To Cook.