Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy impressive coffee cake to serve guests. Found in Bon Appetit magazine many years ago.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
- Separate dough; cut each biscuit in half.
- Dip in melted butter, then roll in cereal mixture, coating generously and pressing into dough.
- Layer in bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture and drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake 30 mins.
- Turn out immediately onto plate.
- Serve warm.
My family enjoyed it. I do think, however, that instead of crescent rolls, biscuits would work better, cut in 1/4s. I did have problems with it not sticking together. Other monkey bread recipes always have flour in the sugar/cinnamon mix-- maybe that's what glues it all together. We did enjoy it, though. Next time I'll use biscuits and add 2 tbls of flour to the sugar/cinnamon/granola mix.