Recipe by Gingerbee
Grace your next Brunch menu with this quick and easy ham and potato supreme.
Top Review by Ruth King
FANTASTIC! I needed an egg dish for potluck at church for Easter Sunday - this fit the bill perfectly! I whipped it together in the morning before we left for church and kept it in a warming oven until it was time for brunch (it kept very well) it got rave reviews! Everyone loved it! I will be making this again and again. I forgot to buy frozen hashbrowns at the store so I just finely diced up some leftover potatoes (which I prefer anyway)and used deli black forest ham which I layered until it was thick enough. This is the type of recipe you can add to or take away from to suit your own tastes - fresh herbs would be fantastic. Next time I think i'm going to add green onions and maybe mushrooms or some green pepper. Thank you for posting this recipe - it's going to be a family favorite!
- 6 slices lean ham (thickly sliced)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese (You can substitute low fat cheeses)
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (defrosted)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or your choice of cheese swiss, monterey jack etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Serve with a salsa, sauteed mushrooms or fried peppers and onions.
- Spray an 8" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ham down in bottom of pan.
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and potatoes together and spread evenly over ham.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45- 50 minutes or until set in the center and light golden in color.