Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
So simple, it's almost not a recipe. I've been having this for either breakfast or lunch most of this week because I've just got a craving that won't stop. Miracle Whip is one of my guilty pleasures but I suppose those who don't care for it could use mayo. I had onion the first day so added the slices, but after that I've gone without and it's still hit the spot for me. I used fresh, incredibly sweet tomatoes bought from Gorenson's farm at the Bath Farmer's Market. I think chives or cilantro probably would work in place of the basil (I did try mint and that doesn't quite fit).
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip light
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp but not blackened
- 4 slices red onions, very thin slices (optional)
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced into 4 thick slices
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Toast muffins and spread each muffin half with 1 Tbs Miracle Whip.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Lay 3 bacon slice halves on top of each muffin half.
- If including onion, top each with a slice of onion.
- Top onion (or bacon) with a slice of tomato.
- Sprinkle basil over the top.
We turned your brunch BT into a dinner entree last nite. I have not seen an English muffin since arrival here nearly 4 yrs ago, so I usually use a bagel or pita pockets as a sub for them. Pita pockets got elected. I also used reg mayo for the same reason. Good tomatoes are either imported or grown in hot houses here, so we have them all yr. Like most all of the B&T genre, it was a great sandwich! I esp liked the red onion & basil w/it & even added a mix of shredded cheddar & mozzarella cheese. I served my new recipe, Unique Potato Salad Roll-Up (Via Susiequsie). It was like having a tasty summer picnic! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Perfect with probably the last of the 'good' tomatoes for this year. I used regular mayo instead of Miracle whip. I add both muffins all by my lonesome (I know - 6 slices of bacon!!!) and feel only the tiniest tinge of guilt. Now, to wait for next summer to enjoy this simple and delicious recipe again.
I knew I was going to love this since I love tomatoes, english muffins and bacon. I had it with the onion and it was delicious. It hit the spot for lunch today! Thanks for posting.