1/2 Photos of Bruleed Orange French Toast
Galley Wench's Note:
Revised September 10. Original recipe comes from Williams & Sanoma however I have made modifications to simplify. Great light orange flavor. Also a great way to put my culinary torch to work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- 6 slices brioche bread, each 1 3/4 inches thick
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, and serving (for cooking)
- 6 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup, for serving
- 1In bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla, orange zest, salt and Grand Marnier until blended.
- 2Soak bread slices in egg mixture 10 seconds per side.
- 3Heat fry pan over medium heat; brush with butter.
- 4When pan is hot, cook bread in batches (do not overcrowd) until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer French toast to baking sheet.
- 6Sprinkle tsp granulated sugar evenly over surface of each slice.
- 7Using culinary torch, move flame continuously in small circles over surface until sugar melts and lightly browns. Serve immediately with maple syrup and butter.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruleed Orange French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.9
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 300.6 mg
- Sodium 915.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g