This calorie-cutting custard is creamy enough to satisfy even the PICKIEST creme brulee fans, so get ready to INDULGE! That is what Hungry Girl has to say about this recipe.......I have not tried this yet but plan to make it for a taste test before the holidays as I want to have it at a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup liquid fat free egg substitute (like Original Egg Beaters)
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium pot, combine milk, half & half, and brown sugar. Bring to medium heat on the stove. Stir and cook until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is hot. Stir in the powdered creamer, blending well. Remove from heat.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the egg substitute and vanilla extract together. Gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture. Set four 4-ounce baking ramekins or custard cups in a deep baking dish. Evenly distribute the custard mixture into the cups.
- 3Carefully pour hot water into the baking dish, around the cups, being careful not to splash any water into the custard (or on your self!). The water should come about halfway up the outsides of the custard cups. Carefully transfer pan to the oven, and bake for about 28 minutes, until custards are set.
- 4Remove from the oven, cool, and refrigerate custard cups until completely chilled. Once ready to serve, top each custard cup with 1 teaspoons white sugar. Using a hand-held butane kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar (in other words, blast with fire 'til browned). Enjoy! MAKES 4 SERVINGS.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brulee Ww Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer