Recipe by Ozzy
This is the best cheese scone recipe I have ever ever eaten! Prize winning for sure! A friend's husband adapted this recipe and the only suggestion I have is to add a little more cheese if you're a cheese-a-holic like me--I can never have too much cheese! You have to try these.
Top Review by Katy Cakey
these were absolutely fabulous really easy to cook, but does need to be said that when cutting in to shapes the dough should be about 3/4 to 1" thick otherwise they dont rise to well.also I added a little cayenne pepper mmmmmm
- 12 ounces self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ounces butter or 3 ounces margarine
- 11 ounces strong grated cheese
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the flour and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the butter or margarine.
- Add grated cheese, mix well then add the milk in slowly.
- Mix into a dough, pat with hand then cut into shapes. (I like to add cheese to the top of the scone too).
- Bake in the oven at 230 degrees C until risen with lightly golden tops.