This is the best cheese scone recipe I have ever ever eaten! Prize winning for sure! A friend's husband adapted this recipe and the only suggestion I have is to add a little more cheese if you're a cheese-a-holic like me--I can never have too much cheese! You have to try these.
- Sieve the flour and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the butter or margarine.
- Add grated cheese, mix well then add the milk in slowly.
- Mix into a dough, pat with hand then cut into shapes. (I like to add cheese to the top of the scone too).
- Bake in the oven at 230 degrees C until risen with lightly golden tops.