Recipe by Chef YummyMummy
Curry is a favourite at our home. This curry is quick n easy to make and is my husband Bruce's staple diet. This curry is spicy and can be served with rice or with crusty bread.
Top Review by lauralie41
This was not a favorite for DH but I enjoyed it. I used ground round and 1 tablespoon of curry powder instead of 2. Diced the new potatoes into small cubes and used baby peas. Served with the crusty bread and would like to give it a try with the rice too.
- 1 kg lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (grated)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or less if you prefer less spicy)
- 3 -4 potatoes (diced)
- 1 (425 g) can green peas
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and fry ground beef until well browned.
- Add onion and fry until transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water if curry is drying up.
- Add peas.
- Add another cup of water and when curry starts boiling, add potatoes and cook until potatoes are done (about 10 minutes).
- Serve hot over boiled rice or dip crusty bread in curry.