Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Curry is a favourite at our home. This curry is quick n easy to make and is my husband Bruce's staple diet. This curry is spicy and can be served with rice or with crusty bread.
- 1 kg lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (grated)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or less if you prefer less spicy)
- 3 -4 potatoes (diced)
- 1 (425 g) can green peas
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat oil and fry ground beef until well browned.
- Add onion and fry until transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water if curry is drying up.
- Add peas.
- Add another cup of water and when curry starts boiling, add potatoes and cook until potatoes are done (about 10 minutes).
- Serve hot over boiled rice or dip crusty bread in curry.
This was not a favorite for DH but I enjoyed it. I used ground round and 1 tablespoon of curry powder instead of 2. Diced the new potatoes into small cubes and used baby peas. Served with the crusty bread and would like to give it a try with the rice too.
This is a 5 star recipe for *easy to make*. We had this tonight and it was not to our taste, but we are "chili heads". I doubled the amount of curry powder required and I think this is a good recipe for people who have not developed a taste for curry. I suggest it be tried.