Recipe by Chef Thurlow
Ok...I know that every foodie out there is gonna shake their heads at me for this one but honestly it's so simple and so tasty, and the best part is, it's very budget friendly. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry for this recipe already. I came up with this recipe one night after work, with just bits and ends from the fridge, it was absolutely delicious! Go ahead give it a try....You're gonna love it!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- half a large onions or 1 small onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (to taste )
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste )
- half cup heavy cream or light cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup (Campbell's of course )
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, saute garlic and onion in butter & olive oil until soft and translucent. Add chicken and brown. Season with salt & Pepper.
- Drain the tomatoes and set aside reserving the juice. To the juice add chicken base, and stir to dissolve fully. Add this mixture to the pan along with the tomato soup, cumin, coriander, curry & cayenne. Bring to a soft boil, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream and tomatoes, stir, simmer for 3 more minutes until heated through.
- Serve with Basmati rice & Toasted Naan Bread.