Recipe by Space Burger Steve
Indian cheese curd in spinach gravy. This recipe is a personal modification of the one found in Authentic Indian Cooking by Madhuri Anand. I buy my ginger pureed in a jar, but you could use fresh. Either way, don't use dried ginger!
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 400 g panir, cubed
- 284 g fresh spinach leaves, chopped very fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion in butter until it begins to caramelize.
- Add ginger, garlic, cayenne and mustard powder, continue to fry until garlic is cooked.
- Add flour, mix well, continue to fry, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, just to cook the flour.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in water, mixing well to avoid lumps.
- Return to heat, add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for half an hour.