Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Indian cheese curd in spinach gravy. This recipe is a personal modification of the one found in Authentic Indian Cooking by Madhuri Anand. I buy my ginger pureed in a jar, but you could use fresh. Either way, don't use dried ginger!
- Fry onion in butter until it begins to caramelize.
- Add ginger, garlic, cayenne and mustard powder, continue to fry until garlic is cooked.
- Add flour, mix well, continue to fry, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, just to cook the flour.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in water, mixing well to avoid lumps.
- Return to heat, add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for half an hour.