I found this recipe on the web and posted it in response to a request. I have not as yet tried it. The recipe did not specify how much beef soup base to use. I'd suggest starting with enough to flavor the 1 cup of water and maybe a tad more.
My Private Note
- 1Be careful while preparing this as it may sputter.
- 2Add the sugar to a saucepan and heat on a low or medium-low heat until browned, about 5-10 minutes. When the mixture starts to get dark, take it off the heat and carefully add the water (this may sputter and you don't want to get burned).
- 3Add the beef soup base and put back on a low heat, stirring until the water is all mixed inches
- 4Cool and store in a disposable container.
- 5Use a spoonful or two when making gravies, stews, sauces, meatloavs, meatballs, etc.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browning Sauce (Substitute for Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master)
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 99.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g