Recipe by Catwhispers
I found this recipe on the web and posted it in response to a request. I have not as yet tried it. The recipe did not specify how much beef soup base to use. I'd suggest starting with enough to flavor the 1 cup of water and maybe a tad more.
- Be careful while preparing this as it may sputter.
- Add the sugar to a saucepan and heat on a low or medium-low heat until browned, about 5-10 minutes. When the mixture starts to get dark, take it off the heat and carefully add the water (this may sputter and you don't want to get burned).
- Add the beef soup base and put back on a low heat, stirring until the water is all mixed inches
- Cool and store in a disposable container.
- Use a spoonful or two when making gravies, stews, sauces, meatloavs, meatballs, etc.