I created this recipe with inspiration from a really good traditional fudgy brownie recipe and the techniqes I've learned from Barbara Cousins (Cooking Without series). They are quite good, just not right out of the oven. The batter tastes lovely and they are chocolatey when they are cool. I didn't create these as allergy free, but to meet the health choices we have made, not eating wheat or sugar, or using milk. Sorry to disappoint anyone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F.
- 2If you have a food processor or chopper, chop the oats until fine.
- 3Heat the dates and water on low until the water is absorbed and the dates are soft.
- 4Allow the dates to cool a bit, then stir in or process the dates with the butter.
- 5Add the vanilla and eggs, then the cocoa powder and oats, stirring or processing until combined.
- 6Bake in a small pan (about 9"x7") for 15 minutes. Brownies will be cooked, but fudgy.
- 7For the best taste, enjoy them cooled.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownies Without Gluten, Dairy, or Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.0
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 127.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g