Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
These are the most awesome brownies. Don't cut them too big cause a little goes a long way!
Make and share this Brownies with Peanut Butter and Caramel Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping (or homemade, if you’re so inclined)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, room temperature
- For filling: Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For batter: Butter bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt ½ cup butter and chocolate.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat both sugars and eggs until thick and fluffy.
- Gently fold in melted chocolate, then dry ingredients.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan, smoothing surface.
- Freeze batter 15 minutes to firm.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 320F degrees.
- Form filling into 36, ¾ inch balls; flatten each ball into a 1 inch circle; arrange atop brownie layer in 6 rows of 6, pressing lightly so circles stick to batter.
- Spoon remaining brownie batter over.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until tester comes out with only a few crumbs attached, about 15-20 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in pan comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into 1 ½ inch squares.
I`m sorry but I have been baking a long time and this was NOT an awesome brownie recipe. They were so dry and the peanut butter filling was also. I needed a large glass of milk to finish the tiny piece that I had sampled. I had made them for work and I ended up throwing them all away. I can`t believe that someone rated these so high!! Just my own opinion. Sorry but I`m being honest here... Sharon
Well, my husband wanted something chocolatey and he sure got it!!! These are so good! I serve them with vanilla ice cream and we are in heaven! Thanks evelyn!