Prep 10 mins
Cook 29 mins
This recipe is very easy and tastes great and an old friend suggested it to me!!!
For the Brownies
- 300 g chocolate (whatever you want)
- 150 g butter or 150 g margarine
- 300 g brown sugar
- 200 g flour, for all uses
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of coarsely chopped hazelnuts (optionally)
For the sauce
- 70 g margarine
- 140 g brown sugar
- 10 ml water
- 70 ml evaporated milk
- 2 -3 vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and the margarine on a bain marie and transfer the mixture in an other large bowl.
- Blend the sugar and the eggs untill they smooth.
- Combine the sugar-eggs mix on chocolate-margarine and mix them untill they smooth.
- After that add the flour and mix once again until you have a homogenized mixture.
- Empty the mixture on a buttered and sugared baking pan (at this point you ca now add the chopped hazelnuts).
- Baking time: approximately 25 mins in 185'C.
- For the caramel sauce combine all the ingredients, except the milk and the vanilla extracts, on a pan and let them boil for 4-10 mins in medium temperature. After that add the milk and the vanilla extracts and mix.
Loved your brownie recipe ~ A nice change from either frosting or just plain, nicely rich brownies, & the sauce was easy enough to prepare! I did use semi-sweet chocolate & unsalted butter! Wonderful served with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt on the brownie! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]